- ½ bunch silverbeet or 1 bunch English spinach
- 500g ricotta cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1½ tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 packets instant lasagne sheets
- mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- 80g butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 600mL milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and line a large baking dish with baking paper.
- Blanch the spinach for 30 seconds, then drain and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Chop finely.
- Place spinach in a bowl with ricotta, breadcrumbs and parsley and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, place the butter. When it is fully melted, stir in the flour, and when combined, add the milk. Whisk until it is smooth and starts to thicken, then reduce heat. Add salt and pepper. Do not let the sauce become too thick.
- I like to pre-cook my lasagne sheets, even though the packets say it is not necessary. I use a large saucepan with salted, boiling water, cooking 2-3 lasagne sheets at a time for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the lasagne, with the lasagne sheets, a thin layer of the spinach and ricotta mixture, some of the white sauce and cheese. Continue this order, and finish with a decent amount of white sauce and cheese on top, with some cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your lasagne dish. Serve with salad.
many thanks to Lisa from Spicy Icecream