- 10 oz. garganelli, or the pasta of your choice
- zest and juice of one medium sized lemon
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite, high-quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano + more for shaving (a long vegetable peeler works great for this)
- chiffonade of a few mint leaves (a pungent variety, or substitute basil)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, be careful to not overcook.
- Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil together in a bowl, add grated parmesan, capers, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a couple tablespoons of the pasta water and return to the warm pot. Toss in the water and lemon/oil mixture.
- Top each serving with a few shavings of Parmigiano and a pinch of mint.
many thanks to Almost a Chef