Adapted from Donna Hay Magazine
- 1/3 cup espresso coffee
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 small pear, cut into 2 x 2cm slices, peel and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 1 cup milk, extra
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the coffee and caster sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the pear slices and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender and the syrup has thickened slightly
- Place the pears on the base of 2 x 1 ¼ cup lightly greased ramekins. Pour the syrup evenly over them and allow to cool.
- Place the gelatine and milk in a small bowl. Stir to combine and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Place the cream, extra milk, brown sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, add the gelatine and whisk to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the cream mixture over the pears and syrup. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours over overnight. Invert into shallow bowls to serve.
many thanks to Lisa from Spicy Icecream