- 8 egg yolks
- 600mL thickened cream
- 100mL milk
- 100g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- castor sugar, extra
- The cooking time here is for the ingredients at room temperature.
- You’ll need to increase the cooking time if they are cold from the
- Preheat the oven to 100C. Whisk yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale then whisk in cream and scraped vanilla seeds. Pass through a sieve and then divide between 8 silicone muffin moulds or ramekins.
- Bake brulees for 1hr 15mins or until still wobbly in the middle but slightly thickened. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Cover and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Half an hour before you’re ready to serve, remove brulee from moulds and place each on a serving plate. Sit in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve sprinkle the top of each brulee with an even layer of castor sugar. Brown with a blowtorch until sugar is melted and browned in places. Allow to cool slightly before topping with more sugar and continuing to brulee until the desired colour is achieved. Serve immediately.
many thanks to StoneSoup