(adapted from “Italian Two Easy, by Ruth Rogers and Rose Gray)
- 2 zucchini’s – about 1lb worth
- 10oz of cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- small handful of fresh chopped basil
- Really good extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut each piece into small chunks – about 1/2” thick.
- Squeeze the tomatoes to let out some of their juice. Discard the juice, and keep the tomatoes.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves.
- In a large saute pan over a high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, toss in the zucchini.
- When this just starts to brown toss in the garlic.
- When the zucchini is browned nicely, add in the cherry tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let this cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the basil, and pour over a little of the really good olive oil.
- Cover, and let stand for 10 minutes off the heat before eating.