- 400g (14) green beans, trimmed
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g (1½ oz) pecorino, freshly grated
- 45ml (3 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- Add the beans to a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain, refresh in cold water, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Put the onion in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 5 minutes. Holding the colander over the sink, pour on a kettleful of boiling water to remove some of the onion’s acidity. Drain well and pat dry.
- Toss the beans, onion and pecorino together in a bowl. For the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad to serve.
sourced from: Greedy Gourmet