- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz. Pomegranate juice (100% juice)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice (any other orange juice, or a combination will work)
- 3/4 cup water
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and 1/4 cup water over medium-low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add blueberries, and allow to steep in the simple syrup for a few minutes, until it is dark from the berries, and consistency is more syrupy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. In a blender, combine pomegranate juice, orange juice, 3/4 cup water, and the blueberries with syrup.
- Process until smooth and while there is a still foam on top of the mixture, pour directly into dish you plan to freeze (you could pour through a sieve if you prefer no remnants of the blueberries, but I think they add nice texture to the final result).
- Cover and freeze for 4+ hours, or overnight.
- To serve, use a fork’s prongs to scrape the mixture and transfer to a dish. Pour a little sparkling water into the dish to counterbalance the richness of the ice.
many thanks to Almost a Chef