- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli stems removed
- 1 ear corn, kernels removed
- 4 cups vegetable stock (preferably homemade)
- Dried coriander
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, corn, and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer over moderate heat until broccoli is tender and breakable with the end of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- In two cup increments, transfer the contents to a blender and purée until smooth (or your preferred consistency).
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and coriander.
many thanks to Almost a Chef